Sunday, December 30, 2007

Change of style

It has been the practice on this site for links to other sites to pop up in a new window. I've been doing this primarily because it works well with the way I use my browser -- my browser is not maximized to use the full screen, so when I click on a link, it is convenient to have both a new window with the linked article in it, and the original page on the Western Syndicate that I was looking at.

This doesn't work well if your browser is maximized though. It's confusing. I don't have a way of knowing how many of my readers use their browser that way.

So this is what I'll do -- links will just act the default way from now on -- if you want them to pop up in a new window, you can use your standard browser mechanism for doing that, for example by right clicking on them and selecting the appropriate menu item to create a new window. That way I am not violating your default expectations about how a browser works.

Let me know if you liked it better the other way.

No comments: