Sunday, October 15, 2006

Peddling books for Stalin

From time to time I'll be peddling books here (either books that I'm selling through Red Chili Merchandise, my book-selling enterprise, or from some other source if it's a book I'm really interested in.) In the interests of full disclosure, I have a financial interest in this. So if you're not interested in having me get money from any books you buy through this site, don't buy them through this site :-)

I grew up in the world where we were still worried about Communism and the Cold War, and had heard vague condemnations of Stalin as the most evil communist leader anyone had ever heard of, but I never knew a lot of detail. "Stalin" by Edvard Radzinsky changed all that for me. I couldn't put it down. It really filled in a relatively blank spot in my historical knowledge. It is, I should warn, Mr. Radzinsky's interpretation, but it was pretty convincing to me. He was there. I wasn't.

No comments: