Sunday, October 22, 2006

Mighty?

Best review of the Apple Mighty Mouse yet (at mezzoblue.com)


I have had this one since I upgraded to my new machine thoth about a month ago. So far I have disabled the side squeeze buttons (because they kept getting in the way) and the right button (because the auto-detection of which button I'm trying to click requires a level of physical coordination from me that's never going to happen -- after decades of using mice, my brain is hard coded not to worry about whether I'm resting the wrong finger on the mouse while trying to click with the other one. Didn't anyone test this?)

So I'm down to a classic one button mouse, with a scroll button. The scroll button's working fine for me. I guess that's some consolation. But in general, if I have to disable almost all of the product's features before I can make it acceptable, I would call that product a flop.

No comments: