Monday, August 18, 2008

Jimmy Carter handles the Russian invasion of Georgia

Got this from a comment on this posting over on Ann Althouse's blog.
Little Kid: Mr. Jimmy, Mr. Jimmy, the Rusians are coming. They got them there tanks and everything? Mr. Jimmy, Mr. Jimmy, please come on out.

Mr. Jimmy: What’s that you sayin boy, the Russians are a comin?

Little Kid: Yeah, Mr. Jimmy. With tanks and rocket launchers, and lots and lots of soldiers.

Mr. Jimmy: Well, let’s go out and welcome them in. They must be hungry. I’ll get Miss Rosalind to whip up some grub for them. I’ll bet they need homes too.

Little Kid: But Mr. Jimmy…

Mr. Jimmy: Don’t you sass me boy! This here is Georgia and we are peaceful hospitable people. Be proud. Now lead me to them there Russians so I can give them a proper Georgia welcome.

No comments: