Wednesday, December 06, 2006

we Pod

I have had an iPod shuffle for a couple of years, and it's been great for playing music (particularly randomly arranged music), which is its strong point and what it was designed for. But I listen to a lot of audiobooks and recorded lectures too, where it's important to play the files in order, and more importantly, to be able to look at the user interface to see where you are if you screw up and accidentally skip a section or whatever. Not so great, using the Shuffle that way.

I have a couple of days of driving ahead of me and decided that yes, I'll want to listen to some lectures as well as music, and no, it will probably be too painful to contemplate using the Shuffle for that. So I stopped by Valley Fair and picked up a 30 gig white iPod. Was originally thinking about the 4 or 8 gig Nano, but the price was right on the full size one -- and I got the color, white, that I wanted. Not that I typically buy products based on color, but... anyway.



Also picked up another kludge to hook the iPod up to the radio in my car (I have one of these for the Shuffle -- it works reasonably well, but has a USB connector instead of the new proprietary connector.)



I paid list price at the Apple Store because I was in a hurry (traveling this Friday) -- the links I've provided above, at Amazon, are pretty damn good prices if I do say so myself, and significantly less than what I paid. And Amazon ships pretty fast.

No comments: