Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's about time

Got the first bike ride of the spring in today. I needed that -- didn't ride too hard, since I haven't had any exercise in, oh, seven or eight months.

My bike has been out of commission in a comedy of errors that started last September, when I brought it to the bike shop to have it "tuned up", the shop owner broke it, then we couldn't find the replacement part, then after months of looking I bought a spare used bike frame for $140 + $35 shipping containing the replacement part, and finally last weekend brought it to a different shop to have the part installed. (Which they did for only $30, and exactly when they said it would be done, so they're probably going to get all my repair business from now on.)

So if you, umm, need a spare Giant NRS bike frame, minus the rocker arms, let me know. I have one. Real cheap.

Oh, and I never did get the bike tuned up. It's working great now.

No comments: